Thursday 24 January 2013

Prepping and Procrastinating

Hello!

Well, I said that I would have the two projects from my previous post done by now but.....they're not. I did other stuff instead! Mainly prepping the next thing on my to do list in preparation for me getting an airbrush next week. Woohoo! 

The first step of the preparation was this....

Can you tell what it is yet?!

Using cheap, Asda all purpose cleaner I covered the entire thing and left it for 24 hours to stew. I then frantically attacked it with an old toothbrush to remove the hastily slapped on paint from my youth. Lo and behold, underneath the caked red paint and sloppily applied super glue I found a priceless gem.....

What you looking at?!

An old school, metal Furioso dreadnought! I actually pulled the entire thing apart to make it a lot easier to paint and I found this inside the chassis;

That's right, 10 years old!

Now, I realise that 1993 isn't actually that old but I remember buying this as soon as the model was released and being so excited because it had 2 power fists! 2 of them! But that was ten years ago, I'm nowhere near as excited by power fists now......OK, fine, I totally am. So what?!

Anyway, I decided that this was going to be the first test subject for my new airbrush when it finally arrives sometime next week. Im not really sure what kind of colour scheme I'm going to go for as it's got no Blood Angels iconography on it so it could be from any chapter. Any suggestions? I'm thinking something very different from BA because this model has already been red in it's past life and I'd quite like it to be a reasonable departure from its previous existence.

What I do know is that I'm also going to be trying out some weathering techniques with this bad boy so thanks in advance to Sheep at Forlorn Hope for the weathering tips (seriously, if you want to see how it's done check out his Sons of Horus army, simply awesome!). 

Not really sure how this models going to turn out as everything I have read on the inter web leads me to believe that your first attempts at airbrushing are going to fail.....spectacularly! So if anyone has any pre fail tips for me they would be greatly appreciated!

I have the next few days off so hopefully I'll be able to get the ratman and sorcerer to some kind of end point and I'll post them up ASAP.

Bye for now!
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...